What I really want part 1

Ray...What is it you really want in life?....
I hear that all the time. Everyone seems to think I am not enjoying my time of just being a husband and father. After waking up at 430 int he morning for 20 years and napping all afternoon and doing remote appearances every weekend I needed this break that I've been on. I know it wont be long before I have to get back into that grind of doing a high profile drive time radio show. But still everyone asks WHAT DO YOU WANT IN LIFE?

Now when people have asked me that question I believe they were looking for something more introspective or perhaps they were trying to bring me out my career speed bump and get me back to thinking about going back to work full time or whatever. I however looked at the question and started thinking.... Hmmm What is it I really would want in life. What is it I really want? And then I started compiling this list...

THING I WANT NUMBER ONE
LARRY SANDERS COMPLETE SERIES DVD SET
Garry Shandling to get off his ass and make the COMPLETE SERIES OF THE LARRY SANDERS SHOW ON DVD with extras and deleted scenes!!



In my opinion, one of the best shows of all time. It was the original GREAT HBO SHOW. Without Larry Sanders there would be no HBO original series. The most amazing thing about this show is it is not available on DVD as a complete series. This must be fixed. Yeah there is a season 1 and a greatest episodes disc but there is no complete series. Let's get on this soon... Thank you

THING I WANT NUMBER TWO
CARLOS ZAMBRANO ON THE RANGERS AND OFF THE CUBS.


Someone needs to tell the Cubs that they made a huge mistake when they decided to build the club around Carlos Zambrano because when they did that the decided to build the team around a crazy person. I dont dislike Big Z. I like him BUT I would like him playing for the Rangers. Let them build around him. The Cubs can meanwhile build around someone who isnt a raving lunatic.




THING I WANT NUMBER THREE

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES TV SERIES


Somebody tell the makers of Smallville that if you want a great TV series that will mix all the drama of a ONE TREE HILL with all the action of a Smallville and potential for a HUGE movie franchise one day. The Legion is where youre looking. The Legion of Superheroes was always my favorite comic as a kid. Not just because they were a group of costumed heroes in the future but because there was an underlying message of tolerance and acceptance of everyone in the future no matter what color or ethnic background. It takes place in the future so there is the opportunity to build a brand new look and write interesting stories that give hints of what happened in the past and of course when of my favorite parts of the comics was the personal lives of the heroes and the love triangles and relationships good and bad between members. I would love to see it.

THING I WANT NUMBER FOUR

MINOR LEAGUE BALL BACK IN SPRINGFIELD

The city of Springfield has to get off it's ass and build a minor league ballbark and bring organized pro baseball back to town.



This is something I have been screaming about for years and nobody listens. But Just imagine it if you will. A minor league stadium that has modern conveniences and is a treat for families who find something to do in the summer that doesnt involve the same old Lincoln crap over and over. As for the people who come to town to see the Lincoln crap they can now have something to do at night. Thing of the boom in downtown business after the game when folks head to restaurants and bars to continue on the night. Besides how cool would any stadium look with the old state Capitol and the Hilton visible over the outfield fence. For those people who think the city of Springfield should only be Lincoln Lincoln Lincoln you can name the team some type of historically significant name. I don't believe there are any railsplitters in organized baseball but then I'm really not sure what a Railsplitter is.

There are plenty of other things I want but one of them is not to complete this list today so look for part TWO at some point in the future. Right now I want to take a nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog