Rick Gutierrez at Donny B's FunnyBone

RICK GUTIERREZ IN SPRINGFIELD


Got a chance to head out to my favorite date night location..Donny B's Funny Bone on Saturday night. Rick Gutierrez who had been on the show Friday Morning was doing his 730 show. I knew he was funny and more importantly REAL when he was on the show Friday and we were showing pics of our daughters during the commercials. I also knew he had an amazing improv ability when he started giving Shakes hell during the show. I was expecting a good show... BUT my new friend BLEW EVERYBODY AWAY.

Usually when you have high expectations you are setting yourself up for a bit of a let down but not this time. Ricky blew past expectations in the first 10 minutes. I am talking HYSTERICAL. High energy, hysterical bits, imporomptu ramblings that are as funny as the scripted stuff and the amazing sounds he gets out of a microphone. Rick is my new hermano (thats brother for you white people) and you cant help when you see him but think of how much more interesting his life would be in a sitcom then say EVERYTHING ON TV. Hollywood F'd up by cancelling George's show but I say lets make up for it by giving this guy a show NOW. He gives you the premise in the comedy act itself. Get a Jiffy Lube uniform on this guy and get him a sassy wife and smart ass kids and of course some interesting neighbors and I AM THERE.

I have regularly been going to the Funny Bone and this was one of the top two best performances Ive seen there . The other was Adam Hunter from a couple of months ago. Rick Gutierrez is one of those guys who has a golden ticket on my show too. In other words when he calls it doesnt matter what were doing, he is immediately put on the air. If you get a chance check out Rick Gutierrez online and definitely listen to the show and get out and see him next time he comes to town or anywhere near here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog