I am back. What can I say VACATION WAS AWESOME!!! It might have been the best vacation I have ever had. Seriously when I have gone on vacation in the past I have always been so worried about what they are doing to mess up the show when I was gone that I never really got a chance to just not think about it. This week was just that. I didnt think about it. I feel so rested it is amazing. Maybe if I would have taken some vacations like this when I was working I wouldnt have gotten so burned out. I really feel great right now. Dont get me wrong though. I dont feel good enough to go back to work yet. I seriously want to take a month or two off. I have saved a little money to do just that. I am planning later this week to actually start the process of getting serious about looking for a job. I am talking to an agent the end of this week who wants to run some ideas by me on my next step. I also am going to talk to some friends of mine who are consultants and see whats up on their end. Radio is just starting to enter its next ratings period so no one will really be looking for a while. I am in the process of figuring out where I want to live. I definitely want to go to a town that has a baseball team, a college basketball team, kick ass movie theatres and more than one rock station. I think competition breeds motivation. Motivation for me to work hard and motivation for my employer to pay me what I am worth.

While on vacation I did meet with a couple of stations about doing their morning show. I really dont want to give too much away about the stations though. They currently have morning shows in place and it is always delicate to replace somebody. If any of these meetings lead to anything I will let you guys know. Right now I am not ruling out anything.

On the drive down to Texas though I heard a little bit of MO's show in Oklahoma City. His show sounded GOOD.

The vacation consisted of laying by the pool at the hotel, swimming in the hotel pool, walking the beach at Padre Island and Corpus Christi, eating at every cool resataurant including the worlds best Mexican restaurant KIKOS, and avoiding phone calls from Shawn Balint.

In the next week or two when I get the urge to do some type of broadcast I am going to do a podcast just for this web page. I am thinking of asking Marvin, Jimmy, Tommy and Rob Hansen and that group of guys will do a show that you will be able to download from chubbyray.com
Rob and I are going to mee this week to actually put ChubbyRay completely together.

Also I have to make dinner, watch the kid, clean the house and all that shit while my wife works. Thats right I am now the house bitch.

Okay there is the latest.... If you guys have any questions leave them in the comments section and I will answer them in the comments section./

Thanks for the hundreds of e-mails that you guys have sent over the last couple of weeks. I promise I will get to them soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What does your wife do? I am not asking where, just what. Always been curious...
Anonymous said…
Ray, does MO have a website? What station does he work for? All the controversy he caused, I liked him and thought he was pretty cool. Of course, the time he called in to your show and flipped out was hilarious too!
Ray Lytle said…
Let me answer some of these questions...
My wife looks awesome in a business suit and has always worked in an office environment. She always takes a job saying that she just wants to file or type or answer phones and always ends up running the place. It has happened at least 5 times since we have been married. She currently has a job working for a company that she loves and she is not all that happy that she will probably have to quit soon. She wears a business suit.

MO works at a station called the BUZZ in oklahoma city. It is on 94.7 fm if your ever driving through. I personally like Mo. I think he is really talented too. I always thought he was great at controversy and if he ever learned to be funny he would be great. When i heard him last week it sounded like he was getting funny. He sounded really good.
Anonymous said…
Ray, have you spoken with anyone from WQLZ since you left. Is there bad blood or do you get along with people?
Anonymous said…
Ray, can you shed some light on who P.S. Bob really is? At least, for those of us that did not know who he was.
Ray Lytle said…
I will answer a couple more questions..

yes I have spoken to people at the station. Jon Lamb has been my friend for almost 20 yearss and we talk regularly. Of course Shawn is also one of my best friends and I also talk to him regularly. I have spoken with Bodine, my brother a couple of times and have talked to Glen. You know it is like every job. there are people I will keep up with and then there are some people who if I never see again it really wont bother me.

PS BOB is simply PS BOB. Yes I know his real name but in the entire time I have known him I have never called him by his real name. To me he is simply PS BOB. He is one of the greatest radio callers of all time.
Anonymous said…
http://www.947thebuzz.com/main.html

Popular posts from this blog