THANKYOU FOR COMING TO THIS PAGE

I finally got numbers on how many people visit this website everyday and HOLY SHIT! I was blown away. I really thought it was just a handful to 50 people that might check out the page. Oh man was I off. For example Yesterday I had almost 700 people check out the page. Over 300 people listened to the blog cast. I was able to see the number of people who post on the comments and their IP addresses many of which come from the same places and assumed there were limited people coming here.
After checking the numbers though it blows me away. THANKYOU for coming here and looking around.

Honestly I left my job because I was unhappy with what I was doing and the bullshit that surrounded me while doing it. I was unhappy because I would read about other names in radio who I knew I was better than making it big. I was unhappy because I knew there would be openings at other stations and I wanted to see where I ranked. If you read the post about my desire to move to the talk format then you know I was unhappy being on a music station. I was unhappy I wasnt offered a raise for all the years I put in. I was unhappy being Ray Lytle on WQLZ.
I realize now that you listeners had nothing to do with anything that was bad about being Ray Lytle. The love that has been shown from the people of this town to me and my family has been overwhelming. There was a part of me that figured after a couple of weeks everyone would forget about me and I would just lead a normal life until I get another job and left.
I said before, I dont miss going to Riverton everyday. It was a pain in the ass drive to make at 5:30 in the morning. I dont miss the behind the scenes shit where I felt so friggin unwanted yet I knew in my heart I was important to the people that mattered, the listeners. Maybe I didnt get along that well with some people that I worked with. I always thought I was put there to do one thing and that was do a kick ass show. There were other people that liked to value a broadcasters worth by what they brought to the fucking pot luck dinner that would go on when the boss was away or how much a team player you pretended to be when the right eyes were looking at you. I was not one of those people. I was just me. Maybe not the best me but me none the less.

I was sent a letter from a listener named Jeremy who told me he thought it was cool that after the concerts at the warehouse and the fairgrounds that I shook his hand and thanked him for coming. I told him he really didnt have to thank me, it was nothing. Seriously it was no big deal to me that when a concert ended I was there to shake the listeners hands and thank them. I was not one of the people who were busy trying to hang with the band. The way I saw it was if the band cant listen to my show then what good are they for me. The people who can tune in are on their way out the door and I want to say thanks for coming rather than go hang with a band i will never see again or be busy patting myself on the back for throwing a good concert when the people who made it good, the people who bought the tickets were leaving. Thats why I hung around and shook everybodys hand and told them good night and thanks. Jeremy by the way comes to the chubby ray web page everyday. He is one of the over 600 people that do. He is one of the over 600 reasons that I do this page.
He is one of the reasons I am starting to have second thoughts about leaving. One of the reasons part of me wishes I would have found another way to broadcast to the people who matter. The listeners in Central Illinois.
I just want to say Thanks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for taking the time to write more about yourself. I have always been wondering all these weeks what you were thinking about yourself...now I know. I say more Chubby Fat One all the time...I need to know what you think about yourself on a daily basis...is there anyway we can get hourly updates of what you think about yourself just in case it changes...thank you!
Anonymous said…
Ray,
I listened to your show since day 1. I never called in or emailed you, but after reading this today I felt compelled to do so. When you left the morning show, alot of us lost the one thing that was a constant in our lives for the past 10 years. I always knew on my drive to work I could count on that laugh I needed to get moving in those early mornings. I cannot blame you for hating the drive every morning. I drive 20 miles to and from work and it sucks. But it was much better when I had you to listen to in the AM. I do come to your site everyday, and read with interest what you tell us. I also look forward to reading your personal thoughts and feelings. Even for those of us that have never met you, you are like a friend that we have known for a very long time. Always feel free to share your thoughts with those of us that do care what you think. Also, thank you for giving us a place that we can keep track of you and what you are up to!
Anonymous said…
calvin larry= scared radio person who is afraid ray aint leavin
Anonymous said…
WELL MR LARRY WILL HAVE TO GET THROUGH A HELL OF A LOT OF PEOPLE TO GET TO RAY B/C HE MIGHT NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT RAY BUT I WILL ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, ITS BETTER THAN THE LAUGHATHON OF OLD DECREPID MEN.. OR ANY OTHER POS RADIO SHOW.. RAY COME BACK!!!!!! ALL 700 PLUS ARE WAITING I PROMISE YOU... ALEX.
Anonymous said…
"There were... people that liked to value a broadcasters worth by what they brought to the fucking pot luck dinner that would go on when the boss was away..."


WOW! Talk about summing it all up in one sentence. Perfect!
Anonymous said…
I dont think anyone realized how much we liked that show until it was gone. I for one listned to it all the time and now i dont even have the radio on in the morning. I dont visit this site everyday but i do try to keep up on whats going.
Anonymous said…
Ray i always listened to your show and will always always listen to you man i love the blogcasts on here and i hope maybe someday you will return to central illinios radio and if you do u know you always will be in our minds and we will listen to you again from day 1 to the end!

Cody!
Anonymous said…
Yeah Ray your show kept us all going for all those years. It was a major factor in our lives and we planned things around that time period. I was lucky enough to be able to catch most of the show at work. I pity all those who couldnt listen or were unable to pick up the station. It really meant a lot to us.

listener ron
screw Jim

Popular posts from this blog